Carotenoids Market Outlook 2025 : Top Companies, Trends and Future Prospects Details for Business Development and CAGR of 3.6%
Carotenoids Market was valued at $1,577 million in 2017 and is projected to reach $2,098 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 3.6% from 2018 to 2025. In 2017, the animal feed segment accounted for about two-fifths share of the global market in terms of value.
Carotenoids are plant-based organic pigments responsible for bright red, yellow, orange, and other hues. These are obtained from algae, bacteria, fungi, animal fat or can be produced synthetically. They are characterized chemically by a long aliphatic polyene chain composed of eight isoprene units. Astaxanthin, capsanthin, lutein, beta-carotene, lycopene, and others such as canthaxanthin, annatto, and zeaxanthin are the major carotenoids, which are available commercially.
The health benefits of carotenoids in the human food are becoming increasingly deceptive in the past few years, thus preventing several major health disorders. Higher dietary intake of carotenoids also helps the body to rejuvenate by promoting the growth of healthy cells and impede the growth of unhealthy ones. This has led to the greater consumption of carotenoids in human food, thus driving the market growth.
In 2017, animal feed application segment accounted for the highest market share in the global carotenoids market and is anticipated to remain dominant during the forecast period. Animals require carotenoids as their bodies cannot produce these essential nutrients. Thus, carotenoids are added to animal feed as they provide immunity against diseases, which in turn, is anticipated to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period. Moreover, increase in demand for natural colors in food processing, beverages, and cosmetics industry is anticipated to open new avenues for carotenoids manufacturers. However, stringent regulations on use of carotenoids in human food, threats of adulteration, and higher cost of naturally sourced carotenoids as compared to synthetic carotenoids are projected to hamper the market growth.
Download PDF Sample Copy of Report: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/request-sample/5032
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global carotenoids market from 2017 to 2025 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in all the major regions are mapped based on their market share.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry. Market player positioning segment facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as the global market, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
In terms of value, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA collectively contributed more than one-third share in the global market in 2017.
Some of the major players analyzed in this report are BASF SE, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Chr. Hansen A/S, FMC Corporation, Cyanotech Corporation, Kemin Industries Inc., DDW The Colour House, Dhler Group, Allied Biotech Corporation, and Excelvite.
For Purchase Enquiry: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/purchase-enquiry/5032