Infection Surveillance Solutions Market- Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019-2024)
This report helps to analyze competitive developments such as Joint Ventures, Strategic Alliances, Mergers and Acquisitions, New Product Developments, And Research and Developments in the “Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market”.
What does this “Infection Surveillance Solutions Market “report offers:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– Report customization as per the client’s requirements
– 3 months of analyst support
The Global Infection Surveillance Solutions Market is expected to register a CAGR of 12.50 %, during the forecast period 2019 – 2024. Hospital-associated infections in a clinical setting, such as surgical site infections, urinary tract infection, etc have prompted healthcare professionals to adopt infection surveillance systems to identify possible healthcare-associated infections in the duration of patient stay in hospitals.
– Lack of sanitation, non-adherence to prescribed medication and increasing trend of self-medication has resulted in antibiotic resistance by bacteria. There is an urgent requirement of a surveillance system to keep in check the proliferation of hospital-acquired infection and mortality associated with dreadful diseases such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, Ebola, malaria, etc.
– Moreover, increased capacity of IT systems to perform analytic processing coupled with technological advancements in IT systems is aiding in developing analytical and infection surveillance solutions for application in the healthcare industry. These solutions include the usage of algorithms with electronic medical records, specialized data mining software, and fully automated HAI surveillance by employing clinical support based knowledge that helps in the identification of certain clinical terms.
– However, the high cost of the software and dearth of proper knowledge, impede market growth during the forecasted period.
Scope of the Report
The demand for infection surveillance has been on the rise as the need to curb hospital-acquired infections and other epidemics is intensifying. Infection surveillance solutions are designed to continuously monitor and interpret data related to health in order to ensure accurate implementation of preventive measures. The major factors contributing to the growth of this market include an increase in the incidence of HAIs, growth in the number of surgeries coupled with government protocols for the prevention of HAIs are creating a huge market opportunity for infection surveillance solutions market.
Key Market Trends
Initiative to Curb Health Care-Associated Infection to Drive the Market Growth
– The healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are infections that patients get while receiving treatment for medical or surgical conditions, and many HAIs are preventable. Common types of HAIs include catheter-associated urinary tract infections, surgical site infections, pneumonia, influenza, etc.
– Therefore, hospitals and other healthcare centers are turning to software analytical tools for solutions. Infection surveillance analytics help organize and interpret health data by investigating the various parameters, and incorporation those for the implementation and estimation of public health practice to control the frequency of associated healthcare infections.
– Such extent of usability of the solutions and enabling the next level of the healthcare ecosystem is expected to remain a significant driver to prompt the governments to adopt such solutions. Moreover, the National Action Plan to Prevent Health Care-Associated Infections was released by the United States to eliminate the HAIs. It includes a chapter on increasing influenza and pneumonia. coverage of health care personnel. Additionally, organizations like NIH is increasing its funding to curb the common HAIs such as influenza and pneumonia. Thus, to support this initiative infection surveillance solutions will be very useful.
– Therefore, the above factors are providing the impetus to the vendors in the market to extend the reach in the new market.
North America to Dominate the Market
– North America is one of the largest markets for medical technology research industries, globally. The huge market in the region is mainly due to growing R&D activities in the medical sciences. Particularly in the United States of America Health and Human Services (HHS), which is governed by the cabinet-level department of the US federal government is very liberal in funding and maintaining the technological research in medical sciences.
– Studies also stated that in the US, 1 out of every 25 hospitalized patients suffers from HAI. As many of these infections occur in the intensive care unit (ICU), hospitals are facing struggles in reducing the infection rate. Due to these issues, the US Department of Health and Human Services made it a priority and made it as a national reduction of HAIs with the objective of building a safer, more inexpensive healthcare system, for all Americans.
– Moreover, in the US, increasing healthcare costs are prompting the individual hospitals to move, or merge with independent healthcare groups to form larger healthcare systems that can broaden their service reach, leverage economies of scale and also can withstand rising regulatory pressures from the recent government.
– These dynamics are influencing the growth of the technological advances in the hospital, which in turn, boost the infection surveillance solutions market.
The infection surveillance solutions market is competitive in nature due to the presence of many major players. Some of the players are Cerner Corporation, Epic Systems Corporation, VigiLanz Corporation, etc.
– May 2019 – RL Solutions acquired iContracts. Involved in contract was policy, and revenue management, along with the iContracts’ comprehensive suite of cloud-based solutions helping the healthcare firms to manage risk and compliance, and also life sciences organizations to navigate complex revenue management processes.
– July 2018 – RL Solutions and Datix Limited, prominent players in healthcare quality and patient safety software, collaborated to form a global leader in patient safety, quality, and infection prevention.
Major Point of TOC:
Chapter One: INTRODUCTION
Chapter Two: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Chapter Three: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Chapter Four: MARKET DYNAMICS
Chapter Five: TECHNOLOGY SNAPSHOT & INDUSTRY POLICY
Chapter Six: MARKET SEGMENTATION
Chapter Seven: COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
Chapter Eight: INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
Chapter Nine: MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Analytical Research Cognizance is an initiation in this new era of “analysis @ thought.” We are on a mission to replace the conventional research programs and give way to the latest methods and information for the organizations. We have created this hub of analytical research papers where you can get an access to the latest and the best research papers coming out from some reliable and budding research houses.